Better AdSense Targeting
About the “Better Adsense Targeting”:
This is a WordPress Plugin that will allow you to choose which sections of your page Google’s Adsense service will use when determining what ads to display, allowing more relevant ads to display based off your content. The included shortags [ignore] and [/ignore] allow you to have content within your post or page ignored as well.
View My Posts about AdSense and WordPress:
- Professional Blogging and Advertising with WordPress
- Hiding AdSense Ads from yourself
- AdSense Targeting Tips for WordPress
Download version 1.1
This is tested on the most recent version of WordPress. The minimum for this plugin is WordPress 2.7.1.
To install this plugin within WordPress
1. Login to your WordPress admin area
2. From the Plugins menu choose “Add New”
3. Search for ‘better adsense targeting’
4. Verify that it’s the ‘Better Adsense Targeting’ plugin and click ‘Install’
5. You should now have ‘AdSense Targeting’ as an option in the Settings menu, go there and set up the plugin to your liking.
To install this plugin manually:
1. Download the .zip archive
2. Unzip and upload the “better-adsense-targeting” folder to your “wp-content/plugins/” directory
3. Then simply Activate the Plugin
4. Use the ‘AdSense Targeting menu option to configure your settings.
Taken from the Google Section Targeting page:
You can use section targeting to make suggestions about as many sections of a page as you like. However, please be aware that we can’t guarantee results, and that it may take up to 2 weeks before our crawlers take into account any changes you’ve made to your site.
In order to properly implement this feature, you’ll need to include a significant amount of content within the section targeting tags. Including insufficient content may result in less relevant ads or PSAs. In addition, please keep in mind that this feature should only be used to emphasize significant sections of your site’s relevant content. It is against our program policies to manipulate the ad targeting to result in ads that are not relevant to the content of your pages.
Corrected issue when the loop is entered in the sidebar
Am now using the Shortcode API for the and tags in posts
Removed option for Comments as there is not valid way to know the start/end of comments loop yet.
Added check for W3 Total Cache and warn to allow comments when minifying
Added the ability to include ‘In-line’ ignore statements. If you wish for Google to ignore specific sections of your post just wrap it in the and tags.